Countywide origin-to-destination service is offered in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties, allowing everyone — including seniors, workers and disabled individuals — to have reliable transportation within the two counties.
Since Countywide is a shared-ride service, other people may be traveling with you.
Countywide is a flexible service that is offered with small buses and vans. Countywide picks riders up at their home or other location and takes them where they need to go.
Who can use Countywide?
Countywide is available to all riders in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties, but can only be used to travel within each county. Countywide cannot be used to travel from one county to another.
For the duration of the coronavirus outbreak, Countywide may be used ONLY for essential trips — such as to work, medical appointments or shopping for necessities.
When is Countywide available?
- Monday through Saturday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm in Mahoning County.
- Monday through Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm in Trumbull County.
Using Countywide Service
We anticipate a strong demand for Countywide Service during the coronavirus outbreak, since all other WRTA services have been suspended as of April 6. It’s very important to keep the following tips in mind if you anticipate using Countywide:
- The scheduling “window.” You may schedule a Countywide trip up to 7 days in advance of your planned trip, but no later than 24 hours prior to the trip.
- Schedule in advance! Since trips are scheduled based on when the request was made, we strongly recommend that you book Countywide trips as far an advance as possible — as long as you do this within the 7-day/24 hour window.
- Your arrival time is what matters. Trips are scheduled based on when you want to arrive at your destination, not when you want to be picked up. Thus, it’s possible that you may be scheduled for pickup several hours prior to when you want to arrive. The more flexible you can be with your arrangements, the better.
- Schedule separate trips for both going and coming back. You will need to schedule a trip for your return home from your destination at the same time you schedule your trip to that destination. These must be scheduled as separate trips. You cannot return home on the same Countywide bus that took you to your destination; the bus will not wait for you, even if you only require a very short stay at your destination.
- Each Countywide trip is a separate trip. You may schedule multiple trips with one call, as long as they all fall within the 7-day/24-hour window. But you cannot schedule a recurring trip (i.e., “I want to get to this same destination at the same time five days a week”). Each of these trips is considered a separate trip, and must be scheduled individually.
Registering for Countywide Service
To use Countywide, you’ll need to complete a service request. Call 330-744-8431 to register (only for the first trip) and book trips up to 7 days in advance or up to 24 hours before the trip.
When registering, you’ll need to provide us with your:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Age and any disabilities you may have
- Mobility aids
- Any special information WRTA may need so that you can use Countywide safely
If you’re 65 or more years of age or have a disability, you’ll receive an additional registration form which you will be asked to complete and return.
You may also schedule a Countywide ride the first time you call.
Scheduling a Trip Using Countywide Service
Once you’re registered for Countywide, simply call 330-744-8431 at least 24 hours or up to seven days before you want to travel.
Please have the following information ready:
- Your name
- The day you want to travel
- The address to which you want to travel
- The time you wish to arrive at your destination
We’ll do our best to schedule your trip as close as possible to the times you desire. However, since Countywide is scheduled on a first come-first served basis, some adjustment of times may be necessary. On rare occasions, it may be necessary to travel on a different day.
Fares for Countywide Service
For the duration of the coronavirus outbreak, there will be no fare for using Countywide service.