Fixed Routes Extended, New Late Night Service Debuts Monday, June 8
WRTA has instituted several changes to the services it offers in Mahoning County.
These changes took effect Monday, June 8:
- All regular Fixed Routes in Mahoning County have had their schedules extended later into the evening. Most Fixed Route buses will make their final runs of the day Monday through Friday between 8:00 and 9:00 pm.
- Fixed Route schedules in the City of Warren remain the same as they have been, with no evening runs.
- Nightline routes have been discontinued.
- In their place is WRTA Late Night — a scheduled curb-to-curb service offered with dedicated small vehicles — that operates between 9:00 pm and midnight Monday through Friday. Late Night buses will run only within areas served by WRTA’s Mahoning County Fixed Routes.
Rides on all WRTA buses will continue to be free until further notice. Regulations put in place during the coronavirus pandemic remain in effect:
- Riders on all WRTA buses must wear a face covering. Riders will be prohibited from boarding the bus without a face covering.
- Except for those in wheelchairs or with baby strollers, all riders must enter Fixed Route buses through the rear door.
- Social distancing must be observed for seating on all buses. Signs are posted on the seats to enforce this policy.
- Only life-necessary trips are permitted. All riders must have a destination, and must get off of the bus when they reach it. Recreational and continuous riding is prohibited.
- Federal Station will remain closed, though buses will continue to arrive and depart from in back of the building.
For more information, call the WRTA offices at 330-744-8431.