Fixed Route (Big Bus) Service from WRTA Will Return Monday, May 18
The “big buses” have begun rolling again in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties. WRTA resumed Fixed Route bus service on Monday, May 18.
All rides are free as before. Schedules remain the same on most routes, but in light of the coronavirus pandemic, certain requirements will be enforced for all riders:
- All passengers must wear face coverings. Riders who are not wearing face coverings will not be permitted to board the bus.
- With the exception of wheelchair passengers or those with baby strollers, all passengers must enter the bus through the rear door.
- Social distancing must be observed for seating on the bus. Signs will be posted on the seats to enforce this policy.
- Only life-necessary trips are permitted. All riders must have a destination, and must get off of the bus when they reach it. Recreational and continuous riding is prohibited.
- Federal Station will remain closed, though buses will continue to arrive and depart from in back of the building.
Normal schedules are being followed on all Fixed Routes with the exception of WRTA’s six Nightline routes. Each Nightline route now has only two runs Monday through Friday — those leaving Federal Station at 7:15 pm and 8:30 pm. The later Nightline runs (9:45 pm and 11:00 pm) are eliminated.
For more information or any questions, call 330-744-8431.